Today we discussed the things that make a Group great!
SESSION 1 - GROUP VIDEO
Watch 10-20 minutes of a GROUP video teaching, that correlates with the full Workshop semester topics.
GROUP TOPICS EACH SEMESTER
- Science of Freedom
- Authority of the Believer
- The Holy Spirit
A GREAT GROUP
A great Group is fueled by what we call our 4 vital relationships:
- Intimacy with God
- Courage with your Self
- Community with Insiders
- Influence with Outsiders
ASKING 3 THINGS OF YOU
We are asking 3 things of you for the next 10 weeks:
- Show Up
- Join In
- Be Real
Take a few moments to discuss your answers to these questions with the Group.
Tell us something unique about yourself that no one would know unless you told them (i.e. I'm a twin. I was a clown in a circus. I like fruit cake. I played in the NBA.)
- What was one of your dreams of childhood?
- Did you have a childhood hero? Someone that inspired you, even if you didn't know them personally?
- What is one of the most significant decisions that shaped the outcome of your life? What deeply held beliefs were behind your decision?
WRAP UP VIDEO
This is a 5-10 minute video for MOVING FORWARD, GOING DEEPER, use of worksheets and periodic church-wide announcements.
Receive the challenge to “move forward” by applying what was learned this week.
- Prepare to tell your story, your MEMOIR, to the rest of us over the next few weeks.
- Use the MY MEMOIR: PREPARING TO TELL MY STORY(Scope Timeline) worksheet to help you think through your story. You can download the SCOPE TIMELINE WORKSHEET. There is a longer version of the worksheet, that gives an extra step to dig deeper into your story, which can be downloaded at LONG VERSION WORKSHEET (RECOMMENDED).
To gain the maximum impact of the available content for the Group semester we encourage everyone to engage the FULL WORKSHOP SEMESTER experience. You can register HERE. While this is not required, nor will the Group conversation questions require deeper background from the WORKSHOP, it is an amazing and life-changing option for everyone.
Write down the prayer requests of those in your Group so you can be standing with them in faith for their answers. Also, be vulnerable about your requests, inviting the Group to walk with you through trials, challenges and desires. As the weeks ensue you will find much to celebrate together about in answered prayer.