Today we discussed the importance of transparency!
SESSION 6 - GROUP VIDEO
Watch 10-20 minutes of a GROUP video teaching, that correlates with the full Workshop semester topics.
GROUP CONVERSATION GUIDE
WHAT YOU DO?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRANSFORM A BEHAVIOR?
- Spend Money (compulsively)
- Waste productive hours
- Escape into pornography
- Drink alcohol or smoke pot
- Talk too much
- Complain all the time
- Overreact to impersonal injustices
IT ALL BEGINS IN THE HEART
- PROVERBS 4:23 NIV Above all else, guard your HEART, for everything you do flows from it.
- MATTHEW 15:19 NKJV [Jesus said] For out of the HEART proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.
- ROMANS 10:8-10 NKJV But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your HEART" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and BELIEVE in your HEART that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- PROVERBS 23:7 NKJV For as a person THINKS in his HEART, so [are] they.
- HEBREWS 4:12 NKJV For the word of God [is] living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the THOUGHTS and intents of the HEART.
- JOHN 13:2 NKJV And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the HEART of Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], to betray Him (Jesus)…
THOUGHTS DRIVE EMOTIONS, EMOTIONS DRIVE BEHAVIORS
- A thought is a picture of reality; it’s not in direct contact with reality.
- Thoughts can become exaggerated and distorted, making a person’s sense of reality exaggerated and distorted.
WHAT IS AN EMOTION?
E – MOTION = E means outward. MOTION means movement. Emotion means outward movement.
EMOTION DEFINITION = An intense mental state that arises subjectively and spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes.
- JAMES 1:14-15 NKJV But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
- GALATIANS 5:17 NKJV For the FLESH LUSTS against the Spirit, AND THE SPIRIT AGAINST the flesh;
- ROMANS 12:2 NKJV And do not be conformed to this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that you may prove what [is] that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
A RENEWED MIND HAS TO CORRELATE TO A RENEWED EMOTION
SITUATION TO THOUGHTS, EMOTIONS & BEHAVIOR GRAPHIC (TRIANGLE)
GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Take a few moments to discuss your answers to these questions with the Group.
My favorite way to waste time is _____________ .
MY MEMOIR STORIES
IMPORTANT: If the Group would like to continue telling one Memoir Story per week until they are completed, that might allow for a more congruent transition. Please be sensitive to the Science of Freedom content and discussion. It is important that our people are exposed to the possibilities in their potential that this content will provide. Please take no more than 20-25 minutes for the Memoir to leave time for the rest of the content below.
- How in touch with your emotions/feelings do you think you are? (1 - Repressed, 2 - Mildly Repressed, 3 - Sometimes Aware, 4 - Mostly Aware, 5 - Highly Aware)
- Name one thing that makes you HAPPY. [Hold onto the one thing in your memory as we will cycle back to it in #7-#8]
- Name one thing that makes you SAD. [Hold onto the one thing in your memory as we will cycle back to it in #7-#8]
- Name one thing that makes you ANGRY. [Hold onto the one thing in your memory as we will cycle back to it in #7-#8]
- Name one thing that makes you EXCITED. [Hold onto the one thing in your memory as we will cycle back to it in #7-#8]
- Name one thing that causes me STRESS. [Hold onto the one thing in your memory as we will cycle back to it in #7-#8]
- Every emotion we feel has a correlated inner narrative. Pick one of the emotions/feelings above. What is the script your inner narrative tells you about that thing that makes you feel “____” (emotion)?
- Again, pick another of the emotions/feelings above. What is the script your inner narrative tells you about that thing that makes you feel “____” (emotion)?
SESSION 6 - WRAP UP VIDEO #2
This is a 5-10 minute video for MOVING FORWARD, GOING DEEPER, use of worksheets and periodic church-wide announcements.
Receive the challenge to “MOVE FORWARD” by applying what was learned this week.
- MEMOIR STORY - If you haven't told your MEMOIR STORY, continue preparing to tell your story to the rest of the Group over the next several weeks.
- PRAY FOR GROUP MEMBER - Pray for at least one person in the Group. Try to identify someone who hasn't been prayed for, or given an encouraging Scripture. Don't worry about feeling inadequate as a prayer. No one feels like they are professional prayers, at least not when they look into eyes of the Almighty God. Praying the Scriptures over people is the best way to learn how to pray effectively. Simply find a Scripture, put the person's name in the text, and pray those words out loud. Then ask the Lord to help you think of things to say to Him about them that would help their lives.
- ASK FOR A SCRIPTURE WORD - Ask God to give you a Scripture to give them to encourage, comfort and edify them. You can Google search "God's Promises" and find a plethora of appropriate texts. Look for one that seems to give you a spark of energy as you think about the person you have been praying for.
- DELIVER THE WORD TO THEM - Then send them an email, text or phone call to encourage them. This is how the Holy Spirit works in our lives. As you practice these movements you will expand your own capacity with God, all while giving people much needed hope and strength.
Encouragement to engage the FULL WORKSHOP SEMESTER experience. While this is not required, nor is the Group discussions connected to the full workshop, it is an option for everyone.
PRAYER / DISMISS GROUP
Prayer time with the Group.