Today we discussed the importance of transparency!
SESSION 7 - GROUP VIDEO
Watch 10-20 minutes of a GROUP video teaching, that correlates with the full Workshop semester topics.
GROUP CONVERSATION GUIDE
WHAT YOU DO?
WHAT ARE CORE BELIEFS?
Core Beliefs are the
that spawn our automatic thoughts.
EXAMPLES OF CORE BELIEFS
- Defective - Beliefs about about being inherently flawed, incompetent, or inferior.
- Unloveable - Beliefs about being unlovable, undeserving of love.
- Abandoned - Beliefs about losing anyone to whom you form an emotional attachment.
- Helpless/Powerless - Beliefs about the lack control and cannot handle anything effectively or independently.
- Entitled - Belief related to specialness, that causes you to make demands or engage in behaviors regardless of the effect on others.
- Hyper-Responsibility - Belief of the requirement for excessive forfeit of your own needs in the service of others. Individuals often feel guilty, and compensate by putting the needs of others ahead of their own.
CORE BELIEFS REPRESENT DEEPER THINGS
- Emotional Beliefs
- Emotional Memories
- Arousal/Ardent Desires
CORE BELIEFS FROM THE KNOWLEDGE DISCIPLINES
- Brian's LIMBIC Beliefs
- Psychology's IDENTITY Beliefs
- Theology's HEART Beliefs
A RENEWED MIND
requires the renewing
OF OUR EMOTIONS!
GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Take a few moments to discuss your answers to these questions with the Group.
If you could go to college (again), what would you study?
MY MEMOIR STORIES
IMPORTANT: If the Group would like to continue telling one Memoir Story per week until they are completed, that might allow for a more congruent transition. Please be sensitive to the Science of Freedom content and discussion. It is important that our people are exposed to the possibilities in their potential that this content will provide. Please take no more than 20-25 minutes for the Memoir to leave time for the rest of the content below.
We all have limiting core/emotional beliefs. Finish the below statements to begins seeing down into your own core beliefs.
1. I am AFRAID that ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
2. I feel STUPID when I ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
3. I feel ANGRY when ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
4. I feel REJECTED when ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
5. I feel DEPRESSED when ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
6. I feel HAPPY when ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
7. If people new the real me they wouldn’t like me because ___________________ . [Why? If that is true (the WHY), what does that mean to you?]
SESSION 7 - WRAP UP VIDEO #2
This is a 5-10 minute video for MOVING FORWARD, GOING DEEPER, use of worksheets and periodic church-wide announcements.
Receive the challenge to “MOVE FORWARD” by applying what was learned this week.
1. MEMOIR STORY - If you haven't told your MEMOIR STORY, continue preparing to tell your story to the rest of the Group over the next several weeks.
2. PRAY FOR GROUP MEMBER - Pray for at least one person in the Group. Try to identify someone who hasn't been prayed for, or given an encouraging Scripture. Don't worry about feeling inadequate as a prayer. No one feels like they are professional prayers, at least not when they look into eyes of the Almighty God. Praying the Scriptures over people is the best way to learn how to pray effectively. Simply find a Scripture, put the person's name in the text, and pray those words out loud. Then ask the Lord to help you think of things to say to Him about them that would help their lives.
3. ASK FOR A SCRIPTURE WORD - Ask God to give you a Scripture to give them to encourage, comfort and edify them. You can Google search "God's Promises" and find a plethora of appropriate texts. Look for one that seems to give you a spark of energy as you think about the person you have been praying for.
4. DELIVER THE WORD TO THEM - Then send them an email, text or phone call to encourage them. This is how the Holy Spirit works in our lives. As you practice these movements you will expand your own capacity with God, all while giving people much needed hope and strength.
Encouragement to engage the FULL WORKSHOP SEMESTER experience. While this is not required, nor is the Group discussions connected to the full workshop, it is an option for everyone.
PRAYER / DISMISS GROUP
Prayer time with the Group.