Today we discussed the importance of transparency!
SESSION 9 - GROUP VIDEO
Watch 10-20 minutes of a GROUP video teaching, that correlates with the full Workshop semester topics.
GROUP CONVERSATION GUIDE
WHAT YOU DO?
There are generally about 10-20 unprocessed memories
that are responsible for most of the pain and suffering of our lives.
HEART & BRAIN CONNECTION
(Spirit & Soul)
(Mind, Will & Emotions)
(Living Consciousness of the Brain)
JEREMIAH 17:9 AMP The HEART is DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THINGS, and it is EXCEEDINGLY PERVERSE and CORRUPT and SEVERELY, MORTALLY SICK! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own HEART and MIND]?
WHAT CORRUPTED THE HEART
My HEART was impacted by SIN.
Sin generated WOUNDS.
Wounds generated a story of MEANING.
The Sin Nature Wounded Me
My Choices Wounded Me
Other’s Choices Wounded Me
SIN’S WOUNDS / GRIEFS
Anything Not of Nurture
Wounds imbedded fear.
Fear is the antithesis of
love, nurture and care.
1 JOHN 4:18 NKJV There is no FEAR in LOVE; but perfect LOVE casts out FEAR, because FEAR involves TORMENT. But he who FEARS has not been made perfect in LOVE.
The ANSWER to FEAR is INTIMACY!
GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Take a few moments to discuss your answers to these questions with the Group.
What is your favorite city? Why?
You may want to use your Scope Timeline Worksheet to help you more quickly identify memories to answer the discussion questions.
- Since fear is at the root of all compulsive behavior, think of a life-event you can remember where you were AFRAID; or have a painful, emotional memory. (For the sake of time, tell the quick version of the story.)
- When you consider the above life-event, share what inner thoughts, narratives and beliefs became common for you.
- NAME the recurring emotions you feel when these streaming thoughts consume you. (You can Google search “Feelings Wheel” to assist you in locating the closest emotion to yours.)
- Have you tried, UNSUCCESSFULLY, to control, manage or escape from these inner thoughts, narratives and beliefs? If so, how? What strategies, conscious and unconscious, have you used?
- How have these thoughts, emotions and beliefs affected your RELATIONSHIPS?
- How have these thoughts, emotions and beliefs affected your BEHAVIORS?
SESSION 9 - WRAP UP VIDEO #2
This is a 5-10 minute video for MOVING FORWARD, GOING DEEPER, use of worksheets and periodic church-wide announcements.
Receive the challenge to “MOVE FORWARD” by applying what was learned this week.
- EASTER PRAYER CARD - If you haven't already download the Easter Prayer Card below, then identify your prayer targets (those you will be praying for).
- EASTER INVITE CARDS - Grab your Easter Invite Cards during the week at the church office, then give them to your prayer targets. Also, be anticipating engaging random invite-drops as you encounter strangers, acquaintances, and people you hadn't thought about. Ask them, "WOULD YOU come to my church this Easter?"
- EASTER PRAYERS - Pray each day over your prayer targets using the prayers written specifically for this application.
- GROUP SUPPORT - As a Group, how can you maximize encouragement to one another to make this Easter a fruitful one in your ministry with Christ? Discuss this before you go tonight.
Encouragement to engage the FULL WORKSHOP SEMESTER experience. While this is not required, nor is the Group discussions connected to the full workshop, it is an option for everyone.
PRAYER / DISMISS GROUP
Prayer time with the Group.