Today we ask and explore WHO ARE YOU? We ask:
- What does death mean at a base-nature level?
- What does life mean at a base-nature level?
- How do divine graces empower the human spirit to produce blessings?
- What does it mean to be "born again" in our nature?
SESSION 8 - GROUP VIDEO
Watch 10-20 minutes of a GROUP video teaching, that correlates with the full Workshop semester topics.
GROUP CONVERSATION GUIDE
- Who is God?
- Who are you?
- Who are the people around you?
- Where do you fit in this social system?
These are questions of identity. Redemption shouldn’t be reduced to some kind of simple benefit package, or indifferent promissory agreement; Redemption is about the rich depths of attachment we have been invited into.
A healthy identity is the beginning of health, emotionally and physically. We learned in the Science of Freedom Workshop that all maladaptive behavior and disorders come from an intimacy disorder rooted all the way into the heart, or neuro-biologically in the limbic brain.
- Psychology refers to identity.
- Neurobiology refers to the limbic brain.
- Theology refers to the heart.
THE PROCESS OF HUMAN BEHAVIOR
- Conditioned Heart (Identity, Limbic Brain)
- Core Beliefs (Emotional Beliefs)
- Consuming Thoughts to Correlating Emotions
- Compulsive Behavior
Redemption is the lens that shapes up our interpretation of God.
TODAY: WHO ARE YOU?
If God is absolutely good to you. If He is your nurturer, protector, healer and provider, how does that impact your sense of Self, your identity?
Who are you, and how do you know who you are?
This workshop is to help you adjust your identity? In turn it will reprocess your core beliefs, rewire your consuming thoughts and correlating emotions, and finally compel extraordinary and healthy behaviors.
All maladaptive behavior is rooted in fear. Fear is an intimacy disorder. In our restoration of Self, the transformation of our being, through renewing of our minds, we must address the emotional fears that have found roots by years of traumas, wounds and absent nurture. Our restoration begins with reprocessing our fears with the LOVE of God to us, His good mood and His absolute nurture in every situation.
When Adam and Eve sinned, death came in.
ROMANS 6:23 NKJV For the WAGES of SIN is DEATH, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Death here refers to two deaths; physical and spiritual.
GENESIS 2:16-17 NKJV And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely DIE (Hebrew – two deaths)."
Spiritual death is a separation between man and God. This separation is more than a geographical distance, or a barrier in between; it is a violated spirit-nature experiencing intimacy disorders with God’s holy-nature.
Physical death is a separation between a person’s body and the real them, the spirit and soul of the person.
Death here is not referring to an event, like when a person is killed. Death here is a spiritual corruption and evil that invaded the human heart. This corruption then infected the human body making physical death emanate.
All brokenness, mental disorder, maladaptive behaviors and human suffering were spawned by this spiritual death that now corrupted the DNA of the human spirit.
Adam’s sin, and the ensuing death, has come on all human beings.
ROMANS 5:12 NKJV Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and DEATH THROUGH SIN, and thus DEATH SPREAD TO ALL MEN, because all sinned—
When Jesus came to redeem mankind he came to redeem us from sin, and the death that expresses from it.
TITUS 2:14 NKJV …who gave Himself for us, that He might REDEEM US from every lawless deed (SIN) and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
EPHESIANS 1:7 NKJV In Him we have REDEMPTION through His blood, the FORGIVENESS of SINS, according to the riches of His GRACE.
- “We have…”, Redemption is something we already HAVE; it isn’t something we GET at the intersecting moment of divine intervention in our lives.
- “Redemption…is according to the riches of His GRACE.”
ROMANS 6:23 NKJV For the WAGES of SIN is DEATH, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Sin creates DEATH. Where did it come from? The sin came from Adam and Eve. The death came from their sin.
Adam’s sin, and the ensuing death, has come on all human beings.
ROMANS 5:12 NKJV Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and DEATH THROUGH SIN, and thus DEATH SPREAD TO ALL MEN, because all sinned…
We inherited Adam’s sin. However, we also inherited Adam’s death. We inherited Adam’s separation from God. We inherited Adam’s intimacy disorder, a fear based emotional belief system. We inherited Adam’s post-sin dysfunction, incompleteness and brokenness.
Death encompasses multiple things. The word “death” is a metonymy, a figure of speech, that describes sin as a nature, and the delineated curses and consequences of human suffering from sin.
When sin came upon us, death came upon us, permeating our very nature, in our human spirit. This spirit-nature of death programmed our minds, our brain’s neuropathic reactions, and ultimately predisposed us to the same delineated curses. Death, and all its associated characteristics, corrupted us at the human spirit, our lowest level of being.
Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. He was infused with life. The word “life” is a metonymy, a figure of speech, that describes God’s divine nature, and the delineated blessings, permeating the human spirit. Adam’s existence was pure, confident and clothed in God’s very glory. Adam had no sense of fear, doubt or inferiority. Adam’s identity was grounded in absolute trust with God.
When Adam sinned, he immediately experienced the permeation of his spirit with death. So fear, hiding, blaming, self-doubt and insecurity with God all spewed from his very spirit.
We are a spirit being. God is a spirit. Adam, and all human kind, is created in God’s image. This means we are spirit beings also. Our lowest level of being is spirit. We have a soul, which is easiest understood to be the mind, will and emotions. And, we live inside a human body, which is simply an earth vehicle that we occupy and maneuver through the physical dimensions, as we know them.
God wants us to commune with Him spirit to spirit. This is the richest point of connection for intimacy between two beings.
JOHN 4:24 NKJV [Jesus said] "God [is] SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship in SPIRIT and truth."
Paul refers to this 3-part makeup of man also.
1 THESSALONIANS 5:23 NKJV Now may the God of PEACE Himself sanctify you COMPLETELY; and may your WHOLE SPIRIT, SOUL, and BODY be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prior to Adam’s sin, he and Eve were in complete union with God. After they sinned, the union was destroyed, spinning Adam and Eve into chaos and disorder. Death wasn’t simply an event, or external experience, circumstantial or spatial. Nor was death merely conceptual, theoretical or philosophical. Death was imbedded into the spiritual DNA of Adam, deep within their origins of personality.
Adam’s death came upon all people. This means that death came into the spirit of all people, at the lowest level of our existence. Before we ever personally chose to sin, we had already inherited Adam’s sin, death and the plethora of curses representing death.
DEATH REPRESENTS THE FOLLOWING:
(The consequences of unatoned sin Genesis 3 / Deuteronomy 28)
The below descriptive terms are not just happenings, or events; they are forces inside the human spirit, expressing the death that permeated us at a base-nature level.
- Faulty thought processes
- Distance from God
- Hard heartedness
- Unclean conscience
- Hating work/labor
- Can’t get pregnant
- Financial / vocational failure
- Darkness mentally
- No safety or protection or security
- Sickness, disease, and physical weakness
- Everything is hard, no momentum, things are impossible
- Isolation, aloneness, separation
- Psychological breakdown
- No justice
- Child abductions / kidnappings
- Rape of life (literally and figuratively)
- Supernatural failure
These terms are derived from the curses of the broken law in Deuteronomy 28. While the disobedience to the broken law produced a curse outcome, there is something much deeper going on here. The curses are spewing from the forces of death that have permeated the human spirit. This death is in the base-nature of mankind’s spirit.
GALATIANS 3:13-14 NKJV Christ has REDEEMED us from the CURSE of the law, having BECOME [KJV – “being made”] a CURSE for us (for it is written, "Cursed [is] everyone who hangs on a tree"), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
When Jesus was “made” a curse for us, the curse wasn’t just placed on him like a coat; he was literally made a curse at the base-nature, permeating his spirit. Christ could not be our substitute in Redemption, nor could we be identified with him in resurrection, unless he was made sin and the curse at the same nature level we were when Adam sinned. Jesus became sin so we could become righteous. Jesus became death so we could become life. This righteousness and life is a nature-identity level transformation.
When Adam sinned death reigned, or had authority over him. When Jesus redeemed us, grace and righteousness now reign over us. Both are spirit-nature level forces.
ROMANS 5:17 AMP For if because of one man (Adam’s) trespass (lapse, offense) DEATH REIGNED through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing GRACE (unmerited favor) and the free gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS [putting them into right standing with Himself] REIGN AS KINGS IN LIFE through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
THE SIN NATURE WAS REMOVED FROM THE ROOT
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17, 21 KJV Therefore if any man [be] IN CHRIST, [he is] a NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. ... 21 For he hath MADE HIM [TO BE] SIN for us, who knew no sin; that WE MIGHT BE MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in him.
What passed away was the sin nature, the death nature, and all the genetic forces that drive the curses into our lives. This is a reference to the human spirit being made new. All that sin and death did to the human spirit passed away. All the righteousness and life that was in Jesus spirit permeated our human spirit with graces and blessings. You became a new species of being. You are not of this world. You are an alien, your fundamental nature is not of this world any longer.
When Jesus said, “You must be born again.” This is what happened to you in the new birth. You became righteous at a nature level. You became life as God’s nature permeated your entire being.
JOHN 10:10 NKJV "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have LIFE, and that they may HAVE [IT] more abundantly.
JOHN 3:16 NKJV "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE.
Eternal life is the antithesis of death. Life refers to the nature of God.
EPHESIANS 4:24 AMP And put on the NEW NATURE (the regenerate self) created in GOD'S IMAGE, [GODLIKE] in true RIGHTEOUSNESS and HOLINESS.
- NEW NATURE: WE ARE UNIFIED AS ONE SPIRIT WITH THE LORD…
1 CORINTHIANS 6:17 NKJV But he who is joined to the Lord is ONE SPIRIT with Him.
- NEW NATURE: WE ARE UNIFIED AS ONE MIND WITH THE LORD…
1 CORINTHIANS 2:16 NKJV For "who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?" But WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST.
- NEW NATURE: WE ARE UNIFIED AS ONE BODY WITH THE LORD…
1 CORINTHIANS 12:27 NKJV NOW you are THE BODY OF CHRIST, and members individually.
1 CORINTHIANS 6:15-20 NKJV Do you not know that your BODIES are MEMBERS OF CHRIST? Shall I then take the members of Christ and MAKE [THEM] MEMBERS OF A HARLOT? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is JOINED TO A HARLOT IS ONE BODY [WITH HER]? For "the two," He says, "shall become one flesh." 17 But he who is JOINED TO THE LORD IS ONE SPIRIT [with Him]. 18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT [WHO IS] IN YOU, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
IMITATORS OF GOD - GOD'S NATURE - ETERNAL LIFE
2 PETER 1:4, 8 NKJV …by which have been given to us EXCEEDINGLY GREAT AND PRECIOUS PROMISES, that through these you may be PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE [GODLIKE] NATURE, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
If it is true that we are partakers of God’s divine nature, why are we still experiencing things that are opposites? Our faith is growing. We are walking in greater light of truth every day. We don’t have to know why things don’t work out to embrace the truths that have been revealed to us. We continue to walk in what we know and more light will be accessed. I think it is powerful to consider that experiencing this divine nature above is contingent on us knowing the great and precious promises. The promises refer to God’s “self-committal” in Redemption. The promise is that God will back up everything in Redemption as an accomplished fact. Our knowledge of this accelerates our experience of the divine nature, along with its permeated blessings.
When experiences are latent to align with my revelation of Redemption, I don’t become indifferent or rejecting of what I know, I simply walk in the light of the truth I have. Over time more truth will come. I can know what is available to me in Redemption without knowing how to fully access it.
EPHESIANS 4:30-5:2 NKJV Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, FORGIVING one another, even as God in Christ FORGAVE you. 1 Therefore be IMITATORS of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.
Is the admonition to imitate God even humanly possible? Can we really bear the same fruit in life that Jesus did? We can if we have the divine nature of God infused into our spirit.
1 JOHN 5:18 AMP We know [absolutely] that anyone BORN OF GOD does not [deliberately and knowingly] practice committing sin, but the One Who was begotten of God carefully watches over and protects him [CHRIST'S DIVINE PRESENCE WITHIN HIM preserves him against the EVIL], and the wicked one does not lay hold (get a grip) on him or touch [him].
1 JOHN 5:1, 4-5 NKJV Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is BORN OF GOD, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 4 For whatever is BORN OF GODOVERCOMES the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith. 5 Who is he who OVERCOMES the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 CORINTHIANS 1:30 KJV But of him (God) are you IN CHRIST JESUS, who of God is MADE unto us WISDOM, and RIGHTEOUSNESS, and SANCTIFICATION, and REDEMPTION (ransom or full deliverance).
WHAT IS IN OUR LIFE-NATURE NOW?
- Favor with people of all walks of life
- Clarity of thought
- Righteousness Consciousness
- No regret
- Freedom from betrayal
- Supernatural success
- Financial prosperity (empowerment to prosper)
- Physical and emotional health and miracles
- Protection, security, safety
- Angelic assistance and protection
- Community, one-ness with others
- Strength of mind
- Ease of labor and love of vocation
- No bondage or captivity
MERE MEN VERSES MEN BORN OF GOD
1 CORINTHIANS 3:3-4 NKJV For you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and BEHAVING LIKE MERE MEN?
GRACES THAT NOW PERMEATE YOUR SPIRIT-NATURE
2 CORINTHIANS 12:9 KJV And he said unto me, My GRACE is sufficient for thee: for MY STRENGTH (miracle ability) is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the POWER of Christ may rest upon me.
2 CORINTHIANS 9:14 KJV And by their prayer for you, which long after you for the exceeding GRACE of God IN YOU.
LIVING THE OVERCOMING LIFE:
- It is not based on God’s SOVEREIGNTY. It is just as available to everyone as salvation is.
- It is not based on our GIVING OF FINANCES (tithes and offerings).
- It is not based on our STEWARDSHIP.
- It is not based on TALENTS AND NATURAL GIFTINGS
- It is not based on EDUCATION
- It is not based on NETWORK OF RELATIONSHIPS (rich friends/mentors)
- It is not based on ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
KINDS OF GRACES:
- MANIFOLD - 1 PETER 4:10 KJV As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good STEWARDS of the MANIFOLD grace of God.
- MARRIAGE - ZOE - 1 PETER 3:7 KJV Likewise, ye HUSBANDS, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the WIFE, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being HEIRS TOGETHER of the GRACE OF LIFE; that your prayers be not hindered.
- SINGING - COLOSSIANS 3:16 KJV Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; TEACHING and ADMONISHING one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, SINGING WITH GRACE in your hearts to the Lord.
- VERBAL COMMUNICATION - EPHESIANS 4:29 KJV Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may MINISTER GRACE unto the hearers.
- WEALTH GENERATING GRACE - 2 CORINTHIANS 9:8 KJV And God is able to make ALL GRACE ABOUND toward you; that ye, always HAVING ALL SUFFICIENCY in all things, MAY ABOUND to every good work:
2 CORINTHIANS 8:9 KJV For ye know the GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes HE BECAME POOR, that ye through his poverty MIGHT BE RICH.
PHILIPPIANS 4:10-19 KJV But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST which STRENGTHENETH me.  Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.  Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.  For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.  Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.  But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.  But MY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEEDACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY by Christ Jesus.
EPHESIANS 3:16 KJV That he would grant you, ACCORDING TO THE RICHES OF HIS GLORY, to be STRENGTHENED with might by his Spirit IN THE INNER MAN;
- FAITH, UTTERANCE, KNOWLEDGE, DILIGENCE, LOVE AND GIVING - 2 CORINTHIANS 8:6-7 KJV Insomuch that we desired Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also. 7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in FAITH, and UTTERANCE, and KNOWLEDGE, and in all DILIGENCE, and in your LOVE to us, see that ye ABOUND IN THIS GRACE also.
1 CORINTHIANS 1:4-5 KJV I thank my God always on your behalf, for the GRACE OF GOD which is given you by Jesus Christ; 5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all UTTERANCE, and in all KNOWLEDGE;
- REIGNING - ROMANS 5:17 KJV For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive ABUNDANCE OF GRACE and of the gift of righteousness SHALL REIGN in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
- PROPHECY (INSPIRED UTTERANCE), MINISTRY (SERVING), TEACHING (CLARITY OF UNDERSTANDING), EXHORTATION (INSPIRED ENCOURAGEMENT), GIVING (SOWING), RULING (LEADERSHIP), MERCY - ROMANS 12:3-14 KJV For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.  For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.  Having then GIFTS differing ACCORDING TO THE GRACE that is given to us, whether PROPHECY, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;  Or MINISTRY, let us wait on our ministering: or he that TEACHETH, on teaching;  Or he that EXHORTETH, on exhortation: he that GIVETH, let him do it with simplicity; he that RULETH, with diligence; he that SHEWETH MERCY, with cheerfulness.  Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;  NOT SLOTHFUL IN BUSINESS; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;  Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Take a few moments to discuss your answers to these questions with the Group.
What really makes you laugh?
MY MEMOIR STORIES
IMPORTANT: If the Group would like to continue telling one Memoir Story per week until they are completed, that might allow for a more congruent transition. Please be sensitive to the Science of Freedom content and discussion. It is important that our people are exposed to the possibilities in their potential that this content will provide. Please take no more than 20-25 minutes for the Memoir to leave time for the rest of the content below.
MEMOIR: PREPARING TO TELL MY STORY (Scope Timeline) worksheet to help you think through your story. You can download the SCOPE TIMELINE WORKSHEET at the link. There is a longer version of the worksheet, that gives an extra step to dig deeper into your story, which can be downloaded at LONG VERSION WORKSHEET (RECOMMENDED). You can also watch the WRAP UP video from last week that explains how to use the worksheet. Each person's Memoir should be 10-15 minutes long.
REMEMBER, you don’t need to be the experts of this content. Our desire is that you begin a conversation with the Group. Be a great facilitator by helping everyone process the content, even if they don’t agree with it.
IMPORTANT – The questions are guides for conversation. It is NOT important that all, or even most, of these questions are completed.
- After watching Session 8’s video, what is your biggest takeaway, “ah ha” moment, or challenging thought? Why?
- Describe the emotions or thoughts you are processing when you think of death and the curses of human suffering as being an issue of spirit-being-nature.
- Describe the emotions or thoughts you are processing when you think of being “born again,” or having a “new birth.”
- What are ways a person can apply and build this life-nature into their consciousness, to renew the mind, bringing about transformation in everyday life?
SESSION 8 - WRAP UP
This is a 5-10 minute section for MOVING FORWARD, GOING DEEPER, use of worksheets and periodic church-wide announcements.
Receive the challenge to “move forward” by applying what was learned this week.
1. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PREPARE TO TELL YOUR STORY, your MEMOIR, to the rest of us over the next few weeks. Use the MY MEMOIR: PREPARING TO TELL MY STORY (Scope Timeline) worksheet to help you think through your story. You can download the SCOPE TIMELINE WORKSHEET. There is a longer version of the worksheet, that gives an extra step to dig deeper into your story, which can be downloaded at LONG VERSION WORKSHEET (RECOMMENDED).
2. PRAY FOR GROUP MEMBER - Pray for at least one person in the Group. Try to identify someone who hasn't been prayed for, or given an encouraging Scripture. Don't worry about feeling inadequate as a prayer. No one feels like they are professional prayers, at least not when they look into eyes of the Almighty God. Praying the Scriptures over people is the best way to learn how to pray effectively. Simply find a Scripture, put the person's name in the text, and pray those words out loud. Then ask the Lord to help you think of things to say to Him about them that would help their lives.
3. ASK FOR A SCRIPTURE WORD - Ask God to give you a Scripture to give them to encourage, comfort and edify them. You can Google search "God's Promises" and find a plethora of appropriate texts. Look for one that seems to give you a spark of energy as you think about the person you have been praying for.
4. DELIVER THE WORD TO THEM - Then send them an email, text or phone call to encourage them. This is how the Holy Spirit works in our lives. As you practice these movements you will expand your own capacity with God, all while giving people much needed hope and strength.
Encouragement to engage theFULL WORKSHOP SEMESTER experience. While this is not required, nor is the Group discussions connected to the full workshop, it is an option for everyone.
PRAYER / DISMISS GROUP
Prayer time with the Group.