Arrival, sharing life, munching snacks.
SESSION 7 - GROUP VIDEO
Watch 10-20 minutes of a GROUP video teaching, that correlates with the full Workshop semester topics.
GROUP CONVERSATION GUIDE
STORY: PASTOR GETTING A JOB PROMOTION
REVIEW PREVIOUS SESSIONS:
Does God use human agency to fulfill His purposes?
Does God arbitrarily dictate outcomes via His sovereign determination?
DOES EVERY CHRISTIAN POSSESS
THE RIGHT AND PRIVILEGE
OF SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY?
GOD AND HIS WORD ARE ONE - JESUS IS THE WORD
JOHN 1:1, 14 NKJV In the beginning was THE WORD, and THE WORD was with God, and THE WORD was God. ... 14 And THE WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
INCARNATION – When we embody the Word of God.
All that God IS, has been compressed into His Word.
GOD CREATED THE WORLDS WITH HIS WORD
Hebrews 11:3 NKJV By faith we understand that the WORLDS WERE FRAMED by the WORD OF GOD, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
- God SAID... - Genesis 1:3, 6, 9, 11, 14, 20, 24, 26, 29
GOD PUTS HIS WORD/AUTHORITY IN MOUTH OF HIS PEOPLE - GOD FULFILLS HIS WORD - PROPHECY
JEREMIAH – BIO - Jer 1:5- was when Jeremiah was probably 20 years old. He lived to 70-80.
Jeremiah 1:4-12 NKJV Then the WORD OF THE LORD came to me, saying: 5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” 6 Then said I: “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” 7 But the Lord said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and WHATEVER I COMMAND YOU, YOU SHALL SPEAK. 8 Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord. 9 Then the Lord put forth His hand and TOUCHED MY MOUTH, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put MY WORDS IN YOUR MOUTH. 10 See, I have this day set you OVER THE NATIONS and OVER THE KINGDOMS, to ROOT OUT and to PULL DOWN, to DESTROY and to THROW DOWN, to BUILD and to PLANT.” 11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.” 12 Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready to PERFORM MY WORD.”
JEREMIAH 1:12 AMP Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, WATCHING OVER MY WORD TO PERFORM IT.
- VS 8-9 God delivers us by putting His Word in our mouths
THE WORD IN MY MOUTH
EPHESIANS 6:11-18 NKJV Put on the WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual [hosts] of wickedness in the heavenly [places]. 13 Therefore take up the WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is THE WORD OF GOD; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—
HEBREWS 4:12 NKJV For THE WORD OF GOD [is] living and powerful, and sharper than any TWO-EDGED SWORD (GREEK – Distomos – two mouthed), piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
REVELATION 1:13, 16 NKJV …and in the midst of the seven lampstands [One] like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. ... 16 He had in His right hand seven stars, OUT OF HIS MOUTH went a SHARP TWO-EDGED SWORD, and His countenance [was] like the sun shining in its strength.
NATURAL THINKING VS GOD THINKING
- “It is impossible.” // “With God, all things are possible (Luke 1:37) “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” (Luke 18:27)
- “I am too tired.” // “Come to Me...I will give you rest. Take My yoke ...and you will fine rest” (Matthew 11:28-29)
- “No one loves me.” // “God so loved the world...” (John 3:16) “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, with loving kindness I have loved you” (Jeremiah 31:3)
- “I am too weak to go on.” // “My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness” (1 Corinthians 12:9)
- “I cannot figure this out.” // “I will direct your steps” (Proverbs 20:24)
- “I cannot do it.” // “I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13)
- “I am not able.” // “God is able to make all grace abound” (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- “It is not worth it.” // God will make it worth it (Romans 8:28)
- “I cannot forgive myself.” // “There is...now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1) “If we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)
- “I cannot make it through this.” // He will supply all your need (Philippians 4:19)
- “I am afraid.” // “I have not given you a spirit of fear but love, power & a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7)
- “I am worried/frustrated.” // “Cast all your care on Him” (1 Peter 5:7)
- “I am lonely.” // “I am with you always” (Matthew 28:20) “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5)
GROUP DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Take a few moments to discuss your answers to these questions with the Group.
When you were a kid, what did you hope to do when you grew up?
MY MEMOIR STORIES
IMPORTANT: If the Group would like to continue telling one Memoir Story per week until they are completed, that might allow for a more congruent transition. Please be sensitive to the Science of Freedom content and discussion. It is important that our people are exposed to the possibilities in their potential that this content will provide. Please take no more than 20-25 minutes for the Memoir to leave time for the rest of the content below.
MEMOIR: PREPARING TO TELL MY STORY (Scope Timeline) worksheet to help you think through your story. You can download the SCOPE TIMELINE WORKSHEET at the link. There is a longer version of the worksheet, that gives an extra step to dig deeper into your story, which can be downloaded at LONG VERSION WORKSHEET (RECOMMENDED). You can also watch the WRAP UP video from last week that explains how to use the worksheet. Each person's Memoir should be 10-15 minutes long.
- After watching this session’s video, what is your biggest takeaway, “ah ha” moment, or challenging thought? Why?
- Pastor Patrick opens the session with a story of his first job opportunity and promotion. Have you ever used God’s Word to declare over yourself for promotion and new opportunities? If you were to do that, what would it look like (maybe roll play)?
- What feelings or thoughts do you have when you consider that you have been given the Word of God to represent Christ, the Kingdom of God and God’s plans in the earth? Describe what it means to you?
SESSION 7 - WRAP UP
This is a 5-10 minute section for MOVING FORWARD, GOING DEEPER, use of worksheets and periodic church-wide announcements.
Receive the challenge to “move forward” by applying what was learned this week.
- IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PREPARE TO TELL YOUR STORY, your MEMOIR, to the rest of us over the next few weeks. Use the MY MEMOIR: PREPARING TO TELL MY STORY (Scope Timeline) worksheet to help you think through your story. You can download the SCOPE TIMELINE WORKSHEET. There is a longer version of the worksheet, that gives an extra step to dig deeper into your story, which can be downloaded at LONG VERSION WORKSHEET (RECOMMENDED).
- PRAY FOR GROUP MEMBER - Pray for at least one person in the Group. Try to identify someone who hasn't been prayed for, or given an encouraging Scripture. Don't worry about feeling inadequate as a prayer. No one feels like they are professional prayers, at least not when they look into eyes of the Almighty God. Praying the Scriptures over people is the best way to learn how to pray effectively. Simply find a Scripture, put the person's name in the text, and pray those words out loud. Then ask the Lord to help you think of things to say to Him about them that would help their lives.
- ASK FOR A SCRIPTURE WORD - Ask God to give you a Scripture to give them to encourage, comfort and edify them. You can Google search "God's Promises" and find a plethora of appropriate texts. Look for one that seems to give you a spark of energy as you think about the person you have been praying for.
- DELIVER THE WORD TO THEM - Then send them an email, text or phone call to encourage them. This is how the Holy Spirit works in our lives. As you practice these movements you will expand your own capacity with God, all while giving people much needed hope and strength.
Encouragement to engage the FULL WORKSHOP SEMESTER experience. While this is not required, nor is the Group discussions connected to the full workshop, it is an option for everyone.
PRAYER / DISMISS GROUP
Prayer time with the Group.