ICE BREAKER / GAME
What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done for love?
GROUP SESSION VIDEO
GROUP SESSION CONVERSATION GUIDE
2 CORINTHIANS 13:14 NKJV The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the COMMUNION of the HOLY SPIRIT [be] with you all. Amen.
ROMANS 8:14, 16 KJV For as many as are LED by the SPIRIT OF GOD, they are the sons of God. ... 16 The SPIRIT itself BEARETH WITNESS with OUR SPIRIT, that we are the children of God:
God needs you to be led by Him
more than you could possibly “want to be!”
If God DOESN’T lead us
through our BODY (senses),
or SOUL (reasonings based on the senses),
HOW does He lead us?
“Revealed knowledge” or “revelation” means
that God must reveal something to you for you to know it.
THE FLUX CAPACITOR
- SCRIPTURES (Authority, Revelation, Faith)
- Question: Is my heart calibrated to the authority of Scripture?
- SEEKING (Attitudes to Kingdom, Church, Caring about what God Cares About)
- Question: How will my decision impact my Church’s mission?
- SHEPHERDS (Pastors, Spiritual Leaders, Etc)
- Question: What would my Pastor say about this?
- STAGES (Seasons, Streets and Steps)
- Question: Am I deciding things incongruent with my stage: season, street or step?
- SCREENINGS (Gauges to Follow)
- Question: Are my “knowings” becoming galvanized?
REVELATION GAUGES / SPIKES
- A Spiritual Knowing
- A Spiritual Witness
- A Spiritual Compelling
- A Spiritual Peace
- A Spiritual Perception
- A Spiritual “Seems Good”
- The Word Prompted with a Thought
- LUKE 11:17 KJV But he [Jesus], knowing their thoughts…
- JOHN 6:61 KJV When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured…
- MATTHEW 12:15 KJV But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself…
- JOHN 19:28 KJV Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished…
- 2 PETER 1:14 KJV [Peter said] Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle [my body], even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
- 1 JOHN 2:20 KJV But ye have an unction [anointing] from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
- ROMANS 8:14,16 KJV For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- ACTS 20:23-24 KJV …the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that…
- ACTS 20:22-24 NIV [Paul said] And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem…
- Definition of Peace - “Nothing missing, nothing broken; to be at one again; complete; whole.”
- COLOSSIANS 3:15 KJV And let the peace of God rule in your hearts…
- COLOSSIANS 3:15 AMP And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state]…
- ISAIAH 55:12 KJV For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:
A SPIRITUAL PERCEPTION
- JOHN 6:15 KJV When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.
- LUKE 8:46 KJV And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
- GALATIANS 2:9 KJV And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me…
- ACTS 8:23 KJV [Peter said] For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
- ACTS 27:9 KJV 9 …Paul admonished them, 10 And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage…
- ACTS 23:6-7 KJV But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees…
A SPIRITUAL “SEEMS GOOD”
- ACTS 15:25-28 KJV [James and Apostolic Leaders wrote in a letter] It seemed good unto us…to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul…28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
- LUKE 1:1-4 KJV Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, 4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
- ACTS 15:25-28 KJV It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
- After watching this session’s video, what is your biggest takeaway, “ah ha” moment, or challenging thought? Why?
- When you hear, “God needs you to be led by Him more than you could possibly ‘want to!”, how does that make you feel?
- Prior to this Group semester, how did you assume God generally communicated with people? Did you think it was more spectacular guidance (angels, dreams, etc.)? Or did you think the leadings were limited to an unconscious influence on our thinking and reasoning? Share how you understood it would happen.
- Have you ever been led by the Holy Spirit by one or more of the “screening gauges”: Knowings, witnesses, compellings, peace, perceptions, or seems good? Share examples.
Prayer time with the Group.
ENCOURAGEMENT CONNECTION THIS WEEK
- PRAY FOR GROUP MEMBER - Pray for at least one person in the Group. Try to identify someone who hasn't been prayed for, or given an encouraging Scripture. Don't worry about feeling inadequate as a prayer. No one feels like they are professional prayers, at least not when they look into eyes of the Almighty God. Praying the Scriptures over people is the best way to learn how to pray effectively. Simply find a Scripture, put the person's name in the text, and pray those words out loud. Then ask the Lord to help you think of things to say to Him about them that would help their lives.
- ASK FOR A SCRIPTURE WORD - Ask God to give you a Scripture to give them to encourage, comfort and edify them. You can Google search "God's Promises" and find a plethora of appropriate texts. Look for one that seems to give you a spark of energy as you think about the person you have been praying for.
- DELIVER THE WORD TO THEM - Then send them an email, text or phone call to encourage them. This is how the Holy Spirit works in our lives. As you practice these movements you will expand your own capacity with God, all while giving people much needed hope and strength.