ICE BREAKER / GAME
How do you chill out?
PRAYER EXAMPLE: Heavenly Father, thank you for this time to come together as brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. May we learn to identify our emotions and how to appropriately respond to them. Holy Spirit, speak to us and through us, that we may grow closer to you and deepen our relationships. Amen.
GROUP SESSION VIDEO
This semester in Group focuses on the topic of relational boundaries. Our special guest is Rick Presley, LCMFT.
The below questions serve as a guide to conversation. Select those which you feel will spark conversation, depth and growth in understanding.
- How do you know it’s time to engage a boundary?
- When in an unhealthy state, do you most identify with a victim, persecutor or rescuer?
- Can you share an example of how you’ve handled a victim, persecutor or rescuer in the past?
- Do you believe that every problem is a two (or more) person problem?
- How can you take ownership or understand your role in an unfavorable situation?
- What have you learned tonight?
(Encourage others to pray, gaining confidence in public prayer in a safe environment)
EXAMPLE PRAYER: Heavenly Father, thank you for this time together. Thank you for bringing us together to learn more about what we can own and control within unhealthy interpersonal situations. You aim for us to not be uninformed. Thank you for helping us to be informed, understanding our deeper psychology. We love you and wish to live fully into your design for our lives. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior we pray, amen.