LISTEN - BIO
- “How can I hear God’s voice?”
- “Are such communications possible?”
- “Are these personal moments random, or are they supposed to be common?”
- “Do you have to be an elite Christian to hear God?”
Yes, God is speaking. It is possible to hear God. It is supposed to be common. You don’t have to be elite to hear. And, even a struggling Christian can be confident in what they are hearing. So, isn’t it time that you simply learn to LISTEN? In our new message series, LISTEN, we explore how to interpret God’s communication styles. Pastor Patrick from LifePointe Church will help you build a resume of life-changing experiences with God. We invite you to come and LISTEN.
SCREENINGS – TODAY
MATTHEW 16:17-18 AMPC Then Jesus answered him, Blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are you, Simon Bar-Jonah. For FLESH AND BLOOD [men] have not revealed this to you, but MY FATHER Who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and ON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH, and the gates of Hades (the powers of the infernal region) shall not overpower it [or be strong to its detriment or hold out against it].
- Revelation Knowledge (knowledge that is revealed)
- Natural Human Sense-Based Knowledge (all reason is rooted in the information given by the 5-senses)
1 CORINTHIANS 2:9-14 KJV But as it is written, EYE hath not seen, nor EAR heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath REVEALED them unto us BY HIS SPIRIT: … SLIDE 06 14 But the NATURAL MAN receiveth not the things of the SPIRIT OF GOD: for they are FOOLISHNESS unto him: neither can he KNOW them, because they are SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED.
- AMP – …they are folly [meaningless NONSENSE] to him
- PHIL – …they just don’t make SENSE to him.
SCREENINGS / REVELATION GUAGES / SPIKES
- A Spiritual Knowing
- A Spiritual Witness
- A Spiritual Compelling
- A Spiritual Peace
- A Spiritual Perception
- A Spiritual “Seems Good”
A SPIRITUAL KNOWING
- LUKE 11:17 KJV But he [Jesus], knowing their thoughts…
- JOHN 6:61 KJV When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured…
- MATTHEW 12:15 KJV But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself…
- JOHN 19:28 KJV Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished…
- 2 PETER 1:14 KJV [Peter said] Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle [my body], even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
- 1 JOHN 2:20 KJV But ye have an unction [anointing] from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
A SPIRITUAL WITNESS
- ROMANS 8:14,16 KJV For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
- ACTS 20:23-24 KJV …the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that…
A SPIRITUAL COMPELLING
- ACTS 20:22-24 NIV [Paul said] And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem…
A SPIRITUAL PEACE
- Definition of Peace - “Nothing missing, nothing broken; to be at one again; complete; whole.”
- COLOSSIANS 3:15 KJV And let the peace of God rule in your hearts…
- COLOSSIANS 3:15 AMP And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state]…
- ISAIAH 55:12 KJV For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:
A SPIRITUAL PERCEPTION
- JOHN 6:15 KJV When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.
- LUKE 8:46 KJV And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
- GALATIANS 2:9 KJV And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me…
- ACTS 8:23 KJV [Peter said] For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
- ACTS 27:9 KJV 9 …Paul admonished them, 10 And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage…
- ACTS 23:6-7 KJV But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees…
A SPIRITUAL “SEEMS GOOD”
- ACTS 15:25-28 KJV [James and Apostolic Leaders wrote in a letter] It seemed good unto us…to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul…28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
- LUKE 1:1-4 KJV Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, 4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
- ACTS 15:25-28 KJV It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
THE FLUX CAPACITOR
- SCRIPTURES (Authority, Revelation, Faith)
- Question: Is my heart calibrated to the authority of Scripture?
- SEEKING (Attitudes to Kingdom, Church, Caring about what God Cares About)
- Question: How will my decision impact my Church’s mission?
- SHEPHERDS (Pastors, Spiritual Leaders, Etc)
- Question: What would my Pastor say about this?
- STAGES (Seasons, Streets and Steps)
- Question: Am I deciding things incongruent with my stage: season, street or step?
- SCREENINGS (Gauges to Follow)
- Question: Are my “knowings” becoming galvanized?
CALL TO ACTION
At least ONE TIME this week,
EXERCISE your SCREENER
by training it with the Flux Capacitor!