LISTEN - BIO
- “How can I hear God’s voice?”
- “Are such communications possible?”
- “Are these personal moments random, or are they supposed to be common?”
- “Do you have to be an elite Christian to hear God?”
Yes, God is speaking. It is possible to hear God. It is supposed to be common. You don’t have to be elite to hear. And, even a struggling Christian can be confident in what they are hearing. So, isn’t it time that you simply learn to LISTEN? In our new message series, LISTEN, we explore how to interpret God’s communication styles. Pastor Patrick from LifePointe Church will help you build a resume of life-changing experiences with God. We invite you to come and LISTEN.
THE COUNSELOR - TODAY
ROMANS 8:29 NKJV For whom He FOREKNEW, He also PREDESTINED [to be] conformed to the image of His Son…
JOHN 14:16, 26; 16:7, 13 NKJV [Jesus said] And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another HELPER (AMP - COMFORTER, COUNSELOR, ADVOCATE, INTERCESSOR, STRENGTHENER, and STANDBY) , that He may ABIDE WITH YOU FOREVER … 26 "But the HELPER, the HOLY SPIRIT, whom the Father will send in My name, He will TEACH you all things, and BRING TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE all things that I said to you …. 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the HELPER will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. ... 13 "However, when He, the SPIRIT OF TRUTH, has come, He will GUIDE you into all truth…
THE GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT A …
- Micro Manager
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR HELPER (Parakletos)
God created mankind with the capacity to create. You are never more in your human design than when you are creating.
God’s goal is not to make you FLAWLESS,
but to nurture GROWTH.
KING DAVID’S LIFE (MAN AFTER GOD’S OWN HEART)
A CHARACTER STUDY ON CALLING ASSIGNMENTS
PSALM 37:23-24 NKJV The STEPS of a [good] man are ORDERED by the LORD, And he DELIGHTS IN HIS WAY. 24 Though he FALL, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD UPHOLDS [him with] His hand.
DAVID’S LIFE TIMELINE
ACTS 13:36 NASB (Paul said) "For David, after he had served the PURPOSE OF GOD in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid among his fathers…
THE FLUX CAPACITOR
- SCRIPTURES (Authority, Revelation, Faith)
- Question: Is my heart calibrated to the authority of Scripture?
- SEEKING (Attitudes to Kingdom, Church, Caring about what God Cares About)
- Question: How will my decision impact my Church’s mission?
- SHEPHERDS (Pastors, Spiritual Leaders, Etc)
- Question: What would my Pastor say about this?
- STAGES (Seasons, Streets and Steps)
- Question: Am I deciding things incongruent with my stage: season, street or step?
- SCREENINGS (Gauges to Follow)
- Question: Are my “knowings” becoming galvanized?
CALL TO ACTION
This week, look for ways to
DEMONSTRATE your PURPOSE
in your seasons, streets and steps!