LISTEN - BIO
- “How can I hear God’s voice?”
- “Are such communications possible?”
- “Are these personal moments random, or are they supposed to be common?”
- “Do you have to be an elite Christian to hear God?”
Yes, God is speaking. It is possible to hear God. It is supposed to be common. You don’t have to be elite to hear. And, even a struggling Christian can be confident in what they are hearing. So, isn’t it time that you simply learn to LISTEN? In our new message series, LISTEN, we explore how to interpret God’s communication styles. Pastor Patrick from LifePointe Church will help you build a resume of life-changing experiences with God. We invite you to come and LISTEN.
STAGES – TODAY
SEASONS (PHASES AND PURPOSE)
WHAT ARE SEASONS? Seasons are…
- Phases in your calling and assignment.
- The purpose you live your life for.
QUESTION: What is your dominate purpose? What phase of progress are you in towards your purpose?
ECCLESIASTES 3:1-2 NKJV To everything [there is] a SEASON, A time for every PURPOSE under heaven: 2 … A time to plant, And a time to pluck [what is] planted;
GALATIANS 6:9 NKJV And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in DUE SEASON we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
STREETS (PATHS - SYSTEMS - WISDOM)
WHAT ARE STREETS? Streets are…
- Biblical “paths”, or wise systems that guide you towards your purpose and calling assignment.
- Streets are the vision focus. When you have a clear vision to your purpose, many decisions have already been made. (Example)
- A street, or path, is a predefined road or course, characterized by boundaries, giving direction to the steps we will take.
QUESTION: What “paths”, or wise systems will best move you towards your purpose and calling assignment?
PROVERBS 3:6 NKJV In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your PATHS.
PROVERBS 4:26-27 NLT Mark out a straight PATH for your feet; then stick to the PATH and stay safe. 27 Don't get SIDETRACKED; keep your feet from following evil.
STEPS (PACE - DECISIONS – ACTIONS)
WHAT ARE STEPS? Steps are…
- The decisions you make throughout each day.
QUESTION: What DECISIONS will best move you forward on the path to your purpose and calling assignment?
PSALM 17:5 NKJV Uphold my STEPS in Your PATHS, [That] my FOOTSTEPS may not slip.
PSALM 37:23-24 NKJV The STEPS of a [good] man are ORDERED by the LORD, And he DELIGHTS IN HIS WAY. 24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds [him with] His hand.
STEPS AND STREETS ARE PREDICTABLE
With that in mind, PATHS have a predictable destination. It really isn’t a gamble. They have no mystery to them. When you follow the path, it will take you to its destination, good or bad.
People don’t need more solutions to life; they need better directions. We don’t need life “fixes”; we need to move our steps in the direction that will take us where God wants our lives to go.
CALL TO ACTION
systems, relationships, jobs, recreation, functions, groups, and/or rituals
do you need to change?