THE BUCKET LIST
A Bucket List is a list of all the…
- Goals you want to achieve,
- Dreams you want to fulfill
- Life experiences you desire to experience
…before you die.
How will 2018 be remembered? Will it be just another year, or will it be a year to be remembered? I believe God is setting you up for EXPONENTIAL growth and fruitfulness. EXPONENTIAL growth is exhibited by your rate of change for increase. For years you may have felt like you were only seeing INCREMENTAL changes. 2018 is a year that God is gracing us for EXPONENTIAL changes in every area of life.
TODAY'S SERMON NOTES
If I’m going to EXPERIENCE my Bucket List items,
I’m going to have to be DEVELOPED!
Our UNDEVELOPED GIFTS are often perceived
as having NO GIFTS at all.
If you want to make a difference
you must have a MENTOR
who gives you FEEDBACK and INTENTIONAL TRAINING.
LUKE 2:40, 46-47, 52 NIV And the child [Jesus] GREW and BECAME STRONG; he was FILLED WITH WISDOM, and the grace of God was on him. ... 46 …they found him in the temple courts, SITTING AMONG THE TEACHERS, LISTENING to them (intentional training) and ASKING them questions (feedback). 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. ... 52 And Jesus GREW in WISDOM and STATURE, and in FAVOR WITH GOD and MAN.
LIES WE BELIEVE
- ABOUT ME
- “I can’t figure me out.”
- “I sabotage everything.”
- “I’m worth nothing.”
- “OR I don’t need any feedback, because I’m smarter, faster, and better gifted.”
- ABOUT GOD
- “God is disappointed in me.”
- “God hates me.”
- “God is passive in my life.”
- “If God wanted something to happen it would have.”
- ABOUT POWERLESSNESS
- “I am powerless.”
- “If I take responsibility nothing changes.”
- “Being a Christian requires I passively wait on God to move.”
- “I am the victim of my life.”
- ABOUT LIMITATIONS
- “I am limited by my natural giftings, talents and thinking.”
- “God sends me off to make a difference and return with the bounty.”
- “I do things for God, rather than with God.”
WHAT IS FEEDBACK?
The communication from an outside perspective about a personal performance area. Feedback isn’t a rebuke or correction. It is simply perspective and wisdom from another person. Good feedback makes us better. Good feedback is about what “we do,” rather than attacking “who we are.” It’s about performance and actions, NOT identity.
PROVERBS 11:14 AMP Where no WISE GUIDANCE is, the people fall, but in the multitude of COUNSELORS there is safety.
- On a scale of 1-10 (ten being the highest), how strong are you at receiving feedback?
- What could you do specifically to improve your feedback for development?
- In what area of your life could you use helpful feedback?
- START TRACK