LIVING BEYOND IMPOSSIBLE
SERIES BIO: The Biblical narrative implies that a normal relationship with God includes miracle interventions. This is promised through Jesus' teachings, creating a vision that "all things are possible" to those who walk with God. If the miraculous, rising above even impossible situations, is the normative for the Christian, then how are we to activate such realities? How are we to encounter God, live in greater freedom and see Bible-level miracles happen for us? This Sunday we begin a several week series of teachings that will inspire, impact and infuse God's great heart of hope.
MATTHEW 17:20 NKJV [Jesus said] …for assuredly, I say to you, if you have FAITH AS A MUSTARD SEED, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU.
MARK 9:23 NKJV Jesus said to him, "If you can BELIEVE, ALL THINGS [ARE] POSSIBLE to him who BELIEVES."
Do you have
any IMPOSSIBILITIES in your life,
that if became POSSIBLE,
would ALLEVIATE SUFFERING?
- Absolute statistical truth
- Confirmed as incapable of occurring
- Mathematically beyond improbability
- Transcends laws of physics
- Without physical explanation
- Requires divine intervention
HOW MIRACLES HAPPEN:
- I don’t believe that miracles are LIMITED to RANDOM ACTS of GOD’S SOVEREIGNTY.
- I believe miracles are PRE-EXISTING POTENTIALS, accomplished in CHRIST’S REDEMPTION, ACTIVATED by our engagement of SPIRITUAL LAW.
- When miracles DON’T HAPPEN, it ISN’T because of LIMITATIONS in GOD’S SOVEREIGN-DESIRE, NOR our lack of SPIRITUAL BRAWN; BUT a lack of understanding of EXISTING SPIRITUAL LAW.
THE LAW OF FAITH
GALATIANS 3:5 NKJV Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works MIRACLES among you, [does He do it] by the WORKS OF THE LAW, or by the HEARING OF FAITH?
ROMANS 3:27 NKJV Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. BY WHAT LAW? Of WORKS? No, but by the LAW OF FAITH.
- “If your faith was real you would not be experiencing challenges!”
- “You must have sin in your life!”
- “You didn’t pray hard enough!”
- “You had doubt in your mind!”
- “God is judging you!”
WHAT IS BIBLE FAITH?
- A coping mechanism (a passive virtue)?
- A catalytic receptor (causal force)?
WHAT IS BIBLE FAITH? (PASSIVE OR CAUSAL?)
WOMAN WITH THE ISSUE OF BLOOD - MARK 5:25-34 NKJV And Jesus said to her, "Daughter, YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WELL. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."
ONE OF THE TEN LEPERS - LUKE 17:19 NKJV And Jesus said to him, "Arise, go your way. YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WELL.”
BLIND BARTEMEAUS – MARK 10:52 NKJV Then Jesus said to him, "Go your way; YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WELL." And immediately he received his sight…
JAMES 5:14-15 NKJV Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And THE PRAYER OF FAITH WILL SAVE THE SICK, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
FAITH IS A CATALYST RECEPTOR
MARK 11:22-24 NKJV So Jesus answered and said to them, "HAVE FAITH IN GOD. 23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but BELIEVES that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, BELIEVE that you RECEIVE [them], and you will have [them].
JAMES 1:5-8 NKJV If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ASK IN FAITH, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will RECEIVE anything from the Lord; 8 [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
What IMPOSSIBLE things
would you like
to EXPERIENCE with God?
What if over the next several weeks
we could look at the principles that govern
MIRACLE-FAITH as CATALYTIC RECEPTOR?