PASSION FOR THE HOUSE
What is your attitude towards the house; the mission, vision and values of our house?
4 STAGES TO PASSION FOR THE HOUSE
- Team Serving
- Reading/Responsiveness to Emails
- Participating in Sundays, Groups, Workshops, Teams
- A POSSIBILITY (an option, an elective)
- A PRACTICE (a privilege, or higher participation)
- A PRIORITY (outside, rational principle)
- A PASSION (inside emotional prerequisite, a purpose)
WHO EMBODIES THIS VALUE? WHO DOESN’T?
WHO DOES: “Of all the people who attend our church, who best embodies what we’re about and WANT to be about in the future?”
“Why? What is about them that makes them the embodiment of our mission, vision and strategy?”
- Christine Presley – Goes to work
- Jeff Berkenmeier – Concerts adjustment
Figuring out WHO you value
helps you discover WHAT you value.
WHO DOESN’T: Who, honestly, didn’t embody our mission, vision and values, or to put it more positively, who are the people we would need to really encourage along, in order to get them in line with our real mission and culture?
“Why? What is it about them that makes them the opposite of what we want to accomplish?”
MARCH 5-STAR HEROES
They serve on Surge Student Ministries, Mowing, Ushers, Cleaning, Greeter, KidsCamp and Preschool Teams. They are faithful, teachable, and willing to do what it takes; a true example of servant leadership.They embody the LifePointe heart of service. We are pleased to honor them with the LifePointe 5-Star Trophy, and the Red Hero Cape!
A big THANK YOU to Ramiro for an amazing feast of pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. THANK YOU to all our Servers who make each month happen with skill, class and excellence. Your generosity inspires us all!!